HOW TO STOP WORRYING AND START LIVING: My Reading


"How to stop worrying and start living"  is one of the most popular self help book written by Dale Carnegie, the author of How to win friends and influence people.
This is not a book which can be absorbed in one go, exceptionally for those who read it for mere entertainment. To absorb the whole meaning one should read it at least five-six times. Even the author suggests it to have look at the underscores every month.

I found it worth reading since I had my own blues. And solemnly uttering it helps me a lot.
The thing is one can relate with the theories. Like,How to win friends and influence people and Think and grow rich by Napolean Hill , this book is a consequence of experimentation and interviewing of thousands of influencing people who succeed in overcoming their darkest days and hours.
This book contains a thousand impactful ways in which one can succeed in banishing worry. I would love to quote them here also. But I won't since it will spoil your reading experience.
It is well said in the book,"Our main business is not to see what lies dimly at a distance, but to do what lies clearly at hand." So one of the thing we should always keep in mind is that today is the prime day. Yesterday has gone and tomorrow is unpredictable.
The book is comprising of ten parts out of which I found the part 4 most engaging.
Part Four - Seven Ways To Cultivate A Mental Attitude That Will Bring You Peace And Happiness 

The old Romans had a word for it. In fact, they had two words for it. Carpe diem. "Enjoy the day." Or, "Seize the day."

Some of the words which I found powerful are:
"Business men who do not know how to fight worry die young." 
"I must lose myself in action, lest I wither in despair." 
"I had the blues because I had no shoes, 
Until upon the street, I met a man who had no feet." 
"Our life is what our thoughts make it." 
"The mind in its own place, and in 
itself Can make a heaven of Hell, a hell 
of Heaven." 
"A man is not hurt so much by what happens, as by his opinion of what happens." 

Have a copy at your home, and pick it when you really need it and feel like reading so.
Please do share and comment below this article if you like.
Thanks for reading!

Comments

Post a Comment

If you enjoy reading, do share pls ❣️.
Comment down the book you want to be reviewed.

Popular posts from this blog

How I fulfill my broken dreams : My Reading

THE MAGIC OF THINKING BIG: My Reading

THE 5AM CLUB: My Reading